Monday, August 22, 2011

Tabula Rasa

Wow. How can the weekend end any worse than it has. It seemed pretty ordinary, mundane even. But this... wow.

My writing is all gone. All my documents are gone. Missing. Nowhere in sight.


There is the possibility that its just a computer bug; but even my backups are missing. My lead theory is that when I reordered the archives I screwed up and deleted the folder by accident. Its possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Its all gone.

Well, not much else to do now but... start from scratch.

Fuck.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Here's hoping it's a temporary thing and that everything is recovered soon enough. I did have a similar disaster, back in the days when I relied on hard copies. I recall the distinctly horrific feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is that the files are missing from my backup drive. ALL of my pdf, texts and whatnots. It may be temporary, but I'm going with the hypothesis that everything is gone.

    Or how to motivate myself to write, with extreme prejudice.

    Sink or swim.

    ReplyDelete